Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Seasons change.

“Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow.”

-Mary Anne Radmacher



Summer has begun, schools are out and I am looking back on my years through school. My dear friend Christopher, just graduated from UCSB and I couldn't resist giving him a copy of a book, that has over time, definitely become more than just a book. For me, Dr. Seuss' "Oh, The Places You'll Go" has become a story that is the blanket under some major milestones we approach throughout our lives. During our school years we are so young, and when it's time for the graduations from high school and college, they do seem like such an accomplishment. So, right now, I can remember it as if it was yesterday. However I also remember every thing, amazing in the good and the worst ways, that have become the years post-school. For many graduates right now, I am sure they are looking into what the future has to bring them, and they might also realize there are no more classes and there are no more people in the halls to pass. So to all the graduates of 2009 out there I do want to say:

Onward and Upward.
Have the courage to stay true to yourself.
Have the confidence in your heart to know what you want.
When obstacles come, and trust me when I say,
They really do come in threes,
Have the fight in you enough to stick with it.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be any fun.
Have the drive and conviction to follow through.
Find yourself by shaking out of your comfort blanket
And stepping out into something new.
Don't get lost out there.
Live as how you want to be remembered.
Never drift too far and become a tumbling tumbleweed,
Amidst a very big desert.
Oh, and don't forget,
If things do go terribly, horribly, miserably sour,
You can always write a book about it .

Tumbleweed $88.00
Versatile and very chic, this small (diameter 9mm) gold vermeil wire
forming a free range tumbleweed pendant. Suspended on 14kt goldfilled chain. 16"




From here on out, I'd like to start giving a word of the day. So, on that note:

WORD OF THE DAY:

gravitate • \GRAV-uh-tayt\ • verb
1 : to move under the influence of gravitation
2 a : to move toward something
* b : to be drawn or attracted especially by natural inclination*
*http://www.merriam-webster.com


No comments:

Post a Comment